Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weighin and Pitfalls

After having been in at a plateau for a couple month, I think I've broken through since this was the second week to post a loss...however small. I'd like to loss 20 more pounds,I think I can too...it's just going to take a lot of hard work and commitment. Although it's easy to get discouraged, part of me is glad that I'm having to work hard and make real changes to achieve my goal weight. I'm very hopeful that the changes I'm making are real lifestyle changes. It's hard...I'm not going to lie, but I workout and I try and eat the best I can. Sometime I do great, sometimes I don't, but I keep on going...just like anyone else. I've started a running class and have been running on the treadmill and I'm proud of what my body can do. I still have to work on the sweets (I plan to really give them up for Lent). The biggest challenge I'm having is managing myself in environments outside my home, such as work. Work can be a trap because I'm there for so long and there are periods of stress and boredom. Sometimes it's hard to find healthy options, plus people bring in things that are yummy, but not good for you. I have to get better about managing the pitfalls. I'm really working on that though. Still plugging along at the Dr. Beck book. I find the response cards are really helpful. They seem silly, but actually help with the negative self talk. All in all...things are moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment