Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Day 1

Well...hmmm...I did work out(burning 500+ calories according to my heart rate monitor) and I got in about 4 glasses of water. However...snacking was in full steam. I reviewed my food journal and I took in 1526 calories (326 more than my goal...see where the snacking got me?). I'm pretty stressed. We still do not have a tenant for our rental place and of course it's the first of the month and the mortgage is due. It's no small sum either. It was on my mind all day and rather than journal about it or do a distracting activity...I ate a snack bag of pretzels and 2 sugar cookies. Somehow that didn't solve my issues with the money though. Anyways...acknowledgment is the first step right? So...dusting myself. Going to the gym this am, drinking my water, trying not to snack . I went through my workbook for day 1 and 2, creating an environment for success and committing to the diet plan. Also I made out a list of reasons why I want to lose weight. Dr. B. recommends that you do that and make several copies and post them all over...when you feel like slacking off you take out the list and it should remind you of your goals. Also...meal planning. She recommends you plan out the night before what you're going to eat for the next day. That seems counterintuitive to me since it entails me to constantly think, think, think about food...but I guess it's the not thinking that got me where I'm at, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment